Empowering Citizens with Disabilities in Onslow County, North Carolina
Together we can do GREAT things to improve and enhance the quality of life for ALL Onslow County citizens with disabilities.
The Onslow Commission for Persons with Disabilities meetings are open to everyone. Meetings are held every first Wednesday of the month beginning at 12 noon at Jacksonville City Hall Conference Rooms A and B. (see schedule on the right)
Bag lunches are allowed.
The Onslow Commission for Persons with Disabilities is seeking new members and collaborative partners to reach all communities of Onslow County.
Applications are available.
The Commission is also seeking individuals and businesses who may be interested in sponsoring community awareness events such as the Resource/Information Fair or an Educational Forum.
Annual Poster, Poetry & Essay Contest Vendor Packet
Here are the winners from the 2017 contest.
View the 2017 Contest Winners
Wouldn't you like to see your picture shown in the 2018 contest winners?
Our 2017 Theme was:
Let’s Change Attitudes!
We are here to serve citizens with disabilities and educate the public.
Please be sure to visit our Facebook page for the latest events and happenings of the Commission.
more information or to make a much appreciated donation.
Lorna Aschbrenner 910-330-6736
- To promote public awareness and acceptance of persons with disabilities as equally entitled members of society.
- To provide education, training, and technical assistance to persons with disabilities as well as to the community in general.
- To serve as a countywide clearinghouse for gathering and distributing information regarding the rights of persons with disabilities and the work related attributes of persons with disabilities.
- To advocate for the human and legal rights for the citizens of Onslow County with disabilities as that population may be defined by acts of Congress.
- To encourage and work with similar civilian and military organizations that are or may be established by the military or municipalities of Onslow County.
Onslow Commission for Persons with Disabilities
Meeting calendar for 2018
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
NO MEETING IN JULY
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Jacksonville City Hall
Meeting Room # A & B (downstairs)
All meetings are held at 12:00 noon Bring your bagged lunch
You may request an accommodation for a disabling condition in order to attend the meeting. If you have not already made a request prior to the meeting, you may email us at email@example.com.
Such requests should be made at least 5 business days prior to the meeting.
Board of Directors
Alex Shreve, Chairperson
Leona Howard, Vice Chairperson
Lorna Aschbrenner, Secretary
Cheryl Kelly, Treasurer
At-Large Board Members: